Availability for Hire: Now
[E-mail me for street address]
Little Rock, AR. 72223
To obtain employment as a UNIX/Linux Software Engineer and/or UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator.
I am particularly interested in the field of web applications development.
University of Dayton
Computer Science Department
Bachelors of Science in Systems Analysis - 12/1987
Emphasis on operating systems and networking
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Continuing education - 8/2003 to present
Extensive knowledge of HP 9000 D, E, G, H, I, and K class servers. HP
9000 7xx, B, and C class workstations. Sun SPARC 1, 2, and 5 workstations.
Sun SPARC 10 and 20 servers. Sun UltraSPARC 1, 5, and 10 workstations.
Sun UltraSPARC 1, 2, 250, 3000, 6000 servers. Experience in various Intel/AMD
based workstations running Linux 2.4.x/2.6.x. Familiar with IBM RS-6000 (AIX)
and DEC Alpha (Digital UNIX and TRU64).
Extensive knowledge of HP-UX 10.x/11.x, Solaris 2.5.x/2.6/7, and Linux
2.4.x/2.6.x. Familiar with IBM AIX, Digital UNIX and Ultrix, SCO UNIX, and
FreeBSD/NetBSD/OpenBSD/BSDI. Can work in any UNIX operating system. User
level understanding of Microsoft XP and 2003 Server.
Worked extensively with Korn, Bash, Bourne, Csh, and Tcsh. Familiar with
various restricted shells.
Worked extensively with ISC Sendmail 8.8.x and 8.9.x, Qualcomm Qpopper 2.x,
ISC BIND 4.9.x and 8.1.x, Cisco Xtacacs 4.x, Checkpoint Firewall-1 3.x,
Majordomo 1.94.x, Washington University's FTP server 2.4.x, Apache 1.3.x,
Stronghold 2.4.x, and Netscape Enterprise Web Server 3.5.x/3.6.x. Familiar
with Shiva Net Manager, Microsoft DNS, and Microsoft DHCP, Data Fellows Ssh
Version 1, Unify Accell IDS and Accell SQL, and Computer Associates Paradigm
Worked extensively with C, C++, Perl 5.x, FORTRAN 77, and Pascal. Familiar with
PL/1, COBOL, and various assembly languages. Will be learning PHP, Python and Ruby.
Can learn any language quickly.
Voting member of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) since 1987.
Voting member of the Usenix Systems Administrators Guild (Sage) since 1996.
Student, 1/1/2001 - Present
Programmer/Analyst, Contractor, 02/10/00 - 12/31/00
- Continuing education at The University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- Learning HTML, XML, and Cascading Style Sheets
- Developing a web based grade book using LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and Perl)
Principle Operations Support Engineer, 04/19/99 - 11/08/99
- Maintaining custom Perl scripts.
- Researching a new RADIUS solution for the Branded Dial product line.
- Updating and upgrading various customer product source codesets which
utilize Perl, Bourne shell, HTML, and PL/SQL.
Lead Systems Administrator, 01/04/99 - 04/16/99
- Trouble shooting problems on HP-UX 10.x/11.x, Solaris 2.5.x/2.6/2.7, and
Linux 2.0.x/2.2.x systems. These systems range from HP 9000 N class systems
down to Sun UltraSparc 1 workstations. From HP Netserver LPr's to Cobalt
- Building and rebuilding HP and SUN servers on Solaris, HP-UX, and Linux.
- Building/Upgrading/Maintaining Netscape Enterprise Server 3.x.
- Building/Upgrading/Maintaining Apache 1.3.x.
- Building/Upgrading/Maintaining Sendmail 8.9.x.
- Building/Upgrading/Maintaining Qpopper 2.x.
- Building/Upgrading/Maintaining TCP Wrappers 7.6.
- Building/Upgrading/Maintaining Ssh versions 1 and 2.
- Custom scripting in Perl and Bourne shell.
Senior UNIX Systems and E-mail Administrator, 9/9/96 - 11/20/98
- Worked for Fairfax County Public
Schools as a UNIX Systems Administrator.
- Built FCPS's new Internet web server using an HP 9000 R-390 running HP-UX
10.20. Also loaded were Netscape Enterprise Server 3.6, sendmail 8.9.3, and
- Maintained the Internet mail gateways on HP 9000 E-35's running HP-UX
10.20, sendmail 8.8.7, and Bind 8.1.2.
- General administration on FCPS's development and production payroll and
human resources servers. Those servers were HP 9000 K class servers with
attached autoRAID subsystems.
Consultant/Project Leader, 6/20/94 - 9/6/96
- Senior enterprise UNIX systems administrator using HP-UX 10.x on HP 9000
7xx, B, C, D, E, H, I, J, and K class workstations and servers. Also Solaris
2.5.x and 2.6 on Sun SPARC 4 and 5 workstations and Sun Ultra- SPARC 1 and 2
workstations and servers. Extensive use of Perl 5.x and various shell scripts
in automating tasks.
- Senior enterprise e-mail administrator using Sendmail 8.8.x and 8.9.x as
well as Qualcomm Qpopper 2.x on a HP 9000 D-350/2 server.
- Senior enterprise Checkpoint Firewall-1 3.x administrator using Solaris
2.5.x and 2.6 on Sun UltraSPARC 1, 5, and 10 workstations.
- Senior enterprise DNS administrator using Bind 4.9.x and 8.1.x on a HP
9000 D-350/2 server, a Sun UltraSPARC 1/170E server,and on multiple HP
NetServer LH Pro servers.
- Senior enterprise DHCP administrator using Microsoft DHCP server on HP
NetServer LH Pro servers.
- Senior enterprise router authentication services (Xtacacs 4.x)
administrator using HP 9000 7xx and D-350/2 workstations and servers.
- Primary enterprise host, post, and list master for WinStar.
- Responsible for UNIX system logs analysis for all enterprise HP 9000 and
Sun SPARC and UltraSPARC workstations and servers.
- Responsible for mailing list administration using Majordomo 1.94.4 on a HP
9000 D-350/2 server.
- Responsible for Apache 1.3.x web server administration on a HP 9000 D-350
- Responsible for anonymous WU-FTP 2.4.x service administration on a HP 9000
D-350 server running HP-UX 10.20 and a HP NetServer running Linux 2.0.35.
- Responsible for TFTP service administration on a HP 9000 D-350 server.
- Backup administrator for Shiva remove dial-in account administration.
- Worked extensively with the user population as third level support
engineer, solving chronic problems with the items listed above.
Consultant/Project Leader, 3/16/92 - 6/17/94
- Worked extensively with Paradigm, a client/server help desk management
application. Installation and customization of Paradigm was commonplace due
to differing client requirements.
- Did extensive systems administration on client servers, such as systems
tuning, memory and task management as well as creation and maintenance of login
accounts and more. Client platforms included IBM RS-6000 servers, HP 9000 G,
H, I, and K class servers, Sun SPARC 10 and 20 servers, and
various DEC Alpha servers.
- Worked with CA's new UniCenter product, which is a system administrator's
tool for controlling server operations. In the product are tools for event
management, network management, job scheduling, report production, tape
management, and file system management.
Manager of Software Development, 6/13/88 - 3/13/92
- On-site project development for the Administration Offices of the United
States Courts. Rewrite of the REPOINT program in C. The REPOINT program
re-established the relationships between records in the same database table
as well as parent child relationships between records in different database
tables after a database corruption.
- On-site project enhancements for the Accell 1.3.6 package using C.
Redesign of the Accell Manager to use a faster approach to mapping database
objects at runtime.
- On-site project management for the Rick Management Division of the New
Jersey Department of the Treasury. Worked on converting an old Accell IDS
application to Accell/SQL 1.3.6. Extensively worked in C. Two Unify
consultants under my direction.
- On-site project development for the Federal National Mortgage Association
(Fannie Mae). Convert an application to report information with a strategic
business unit breakdown.
- Extensive customer relations which includes drawing up proposals,
project plans, and long term support and project enhancement strategies.
- On-site and in-house customer training in Unify products.
- Liaison between programming staff and clients.
- Customer support work included installation, training, and debugging of
in-house, as well as off-the-shelf, software and hardware.
- Development of a word processing interface for the Multi-Search
Personnel Tracking System using C.
- Maintenance of the Multi-Search Personnel Tracking System.
- Development of an Athlete Tracking System for the University of
Pittsburgh using Unify Accell IDS and C.
- Development of a Worker's Compensation Tracking System for Interpose,
Inc. using Unify Accell IDS and C.
- Development of a Time and Billing System for Interpose, Inc. using Unify
Accell IDS and C.
- Development of a Quote/Order Entry System for Penn United, Technologies,
Inc. using Unify Accell IDS and C.
- Development of a Quote/Order Entry System for Nep, Inc. using Unify
Accell IDS and C.
- Development of a Job Costing System for Nep, Inc. using Unify Accell IDS
Available upon request.
Last Updated: 3.15.2007